Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What a day!

So! We have had quite the busy day today! Joel and I went to a Mommy and Me lap-sit this morning. It was so much fun. Everything we did, he could say the words which made it that much more exciting for him. We played with bubbles, ducks, balls, and we danced. It really was fun. But I locked my keys in my car so we had to stay longer and play with different toys at the Library. He was not disappointed. :)

On our way home, we saw a train and every truck known to mankind and if you have a toddler boy who is tired and hungry in your car, you can understand that this was the PERFECT ride home.

During his nap I got my garden planted! Well, my kind of garden. Lots of flowers,



And my Salsa garden! Tomatoes, peppers, and cilantro.



This is called a "cherry bomb" pepper.... I'm a little nervous to try it.

Then, my BABY!!!!! was delivered today. Our dryer went kaputz so we had to get a new one. this was an expired model from last year and they no longer make this color so they can't get a washer to match. So it made it cheap. It's awesome and we got a really good deal on it! I've never been so excited for a dryer.

Then after nap, we went to the pool and Joel was swimming all by himself! I really wish I had my camera with me. He was so brave! Plus Jared did a great job getting him excited about the water. But then came the sad part of our day... Joel's first head wound. We didn't strap him in the stroller after the pool because of the towel, and we made it all the way to our building before he reached for the wheels. Just as Jared was saying, "Hold on buddy!" He went head first into the sidewalk. At least he got a Popsicle. (his first, by the way)

It's a pretty bad bit of road rash and a goose egg on his forehead, but it's not bothering him at all now. Poor kid.

To round off my day, I made my first batch of Freezer Jam. So proud of me! It's really easy.


So, all in all we've had a BUSY day. I'm really hoping he sleeps well tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! Poor Joel, but not too worse for the wear! And Emily, what a day, you are Superwoman!

    ReplyDelete