Sunday, March 16, 2014

Memphis Miller Weekend: Summer 2013

One of the most fun things that happened this summer, is my brother Chris an his family came to visit. He does work in Indiana fund raising for St. Jude. He came for a tour of the campus. It was so much fun spending time with his family.

First thing we did was the Peabidy. If you come to Memphis, that has to be on your to do list. At 11am, and 4pm you can watch the duck march. There is a duck master who marches the duck and gives the history of the hotel fountain and ducks. So fun. 

Ballroom. How amazing is that? 

They have phone booths and my kids loved playing in them! 

The Peabody has some really cool shops in the lobby. This is one of the ceilings! 

Our first night we took my brother's family to the best BBQ ever: Corky's. It was a huge hit! Samantha asked for it for Christmas! 

The next day was the tour to St. Jude. Little did we know, you have to be 16 to take a tour. That left both of the girls (who were really bummed), Dalton, and my kids to wander campus. We tried to keep it fun :) 

After St. Jude, we hit up Central BBQ. Also, a Memphis staple. 

On the last day, we went to the cival rights museum. It was amazing. I didn't realize that Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated in Memphis. 

This is the recreation of the assassins hotel room. Some if the items were originals.

These are views from his hotel room. 

One of the coolest things were the display cases of evidence used in the trial. Fascinating. 

This is the front iron gate. So beautiful. 

Probably the most solemn place was his hotel. You can actually climb up and see the room. 


My  nieces, Chelsea and Samantha, are my girls. I know them the better than any other of my nieces and they are GOOD girls. I miss them. 

The last thing we did was the river walk. It's a topographical  recreation I the Mississippi from start to finish. It's fun to wade in the waters and follow it down to the "bay". Very fun. We had such a good time with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment