Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'm a good cook.

So... I've been kind of branching out lately in my cooking adventures. Mostly thanks to a friend who inspires me. (check her out. her stuff is amazing. Lilliansfood.blogspot.com ) I've made two dishes in the past two nights that have been added to our new favorites.

The first is Creamy Tomato Sauce. All thanks to Lillian, this sauce is a new "toney staple".
the picture looks digusting... but i'm telling you. it is soooo good! i added fresh mushrooms and italian sausage in there and i'm telling you.... divine!

Plus, joel is a big fan of any kind of pasta.



and... so is pippi (my mom and dad's dog.)


But i think the real deal is that my dad ate it. my dad, who is not a fan of pasta, ate two servings.

But then there was tonight. I bought some dried tomatoes and i really wanted to try some sort of creamy sauce to go with them. So i took my very amazing Alfredo sauce and gave it a little twist.

The creation was probably one of my triumphs as a cook.
AMAZING Tomato Alfredo:
1 Pkg creme cheese
16 oz sour creme
1 can creme of mushroom soup
2 cloves of garlic
1 Pkg of sun dried tomaotes
1/2 can of tomato paste
Romano Cheese it to taste
Add as many or as little of mushrooms as you like
season to taste (i use and italian blend.)

mix it all to gether over a warm stove and mmmmmmmmm. sooo tasty.


I made some for Becca (our roomate) and her boyfriend Chris, so i'll have to let them try it and add in their imput.

Talents:
I can cook.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world! Your recipe looks delicious; I am definitely going to have to give it a try! And, I can't believe Joel is 24 lbs! I think Marshall is just about 22 lbs. and he's 16 months! Crazy! Take care! Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, and in case you're interested, our blog is jennyleake.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah... i follow it:) thanks for trying!

    ReplyDelete