Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Fetus.


Well, we had our first ultra-sound. It was kind of scary because the Doctor couldn't find the heartbeat with the dopplar (what is the spelling of that?). BUT! All is well.

Ok. So. After the doctor tried the dopplar, Joel, Jared and I went into the ultrasound room. The lady, who was super rude, said to us "I need to let you know that we don't typically let children come into the ultrasound room so, just next time, don't worry about bringing him."

so, my jaw dropped a little bit and I said, "Well, Jared, how about you can sit in here, see the baby and take Joel out to the waiting room."

So, Jared kind of nodded, the ultrasound lady put the thing on me and Jared had like, 15 seconds to look before she said, "Alright. There you go." and shooed Jared out of the room.

wow. a little abrupt, you think?

So, during the whole ultrasound, she was like, "do you need to pee? Your bladder is full." "Are you sure you don't need to pee? Look at your bladder!" "Just know we have a bathroom just down the hall."

This woman was nutz-o.

and, PS, I did NOT have to pee.

Anyway. This baby likes to MOVE! I mean, he/she is a mover and a shaker. It makes me nervous for future months when he/she can reach my ribs. My poor poor ribs. We didn't get a good video of the baby kicking their legs. (I'm having a hard time not putting this in "his" or "her" terms.)





In other news. We finished our first family vacation! Yay! It was really great! Friday we were in south Haven, MI, Monday we were in Lafayette, IN, and by Tuesday we were in Clarksville, TN. It was fun. Some of Jared's family, some of my family. It was a blast. And Joel did SO well! I have some funny videos I need to post of him being GLUED to the laptop watching cars. Maybe I'll post about it tomorrow.

I love my family. Jared is so good to my family, Joel makes me smile and cry everyday, and this new baby is really making me excited.

It's been a GREAT day.

3 comments:

  1. The ultrasound tech sounds like a total biatch haha. I am very excited for your baby too I'm hoping for a girl! Yay! I LOVE BABIES.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome!! Make sure you tell Dr. Weaver, or whichever doctor you see the next time, about the U/S technician's attitude toward you. She works for the doctors and her employers need to know how she treated you!

    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amen angie! and becky, i'm only going to see dr. weaver if at all possible.

    ReplyDelete