Monday, August 23, 2010

Terrible Moments

you know those days where you feel it in your gut that it's gonna be a bad day?

Well...

Joel and i had a rough morning and i had a terrible stomach ache after lunch so, we all took naps.

Daddy came home (which is Joel favorite part of the day) and we all went grocery shopping.

After we did our thang' we went to go get Gas. There were problems with my card, so i had to go inside and prepay. Jared stayed in the car with Joel. I come out from trying to get my Martins card to work, and i say "Jared, hand me my wallet out of the car." and he says....


"it's locked."

So, panic stricken, I ask him, "all of the doors?"

"yep."

"holy crap Jared! Call someone right now!"

So, he goes into the gas station to get a lock smiths number.... and NO ONE is answering and i am PANICKING. By this point, Joel is screaming in the car.

It takes Jared a GOOD 20 min to get a hold of someone and that person says "call the cops"

So Jared calls the Police and they say they're "on their way"....

15 minutes after (total of about 45 minutes since we find out the car is locked) I look in the car and Joel is chocking himself with his car seat straps trying to get out of his seat. Great. More panic sets it.

Then a miracle happens.

A man and woman pull up next to us and they notice us freaking out over Joel's attempts to free himself.

And guess what.

THEY'RE LOCK SMITHS!!!!!

So, the wife come over and gets the door open in two minutes.

I frantically pulled Joel out and cried.

They were so so so so nice.

(bonus points for goshen police department: They pulled up right as i was getting him out of the car.... 20 minutes after we called them.)


I am so grateful for little miracles that happen.... I feel kind of awful i didn't even think to say a prayer. Maybe we wouldn't have waited so long. Learning experience i guess. I'm so so so grateful that it was a nice day today as well. It could have been 90 degrees like it has been lately!

And, luckily, this was all the damage that joel did to himself. A little rope burn. Funny thing was, is Joel gets out of the car and what was the first thing he says?

"french fries, please."

We went to McDonalds for a "i'm so sorry you almost choked yourself in the hot locked car" Dinner.

Jared said it's a good thing we pay tithing or it could have been worse. aha.

ugh what a day....

3 comments:

  1. OMGOSH Em!!! That would have totally freaked me out!! I'm glad everything turned out ok. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow girl, that is scary....good thing he is ok and safe! And holy crap 20 minutes, did the know there was a child in the car? If they did then omg.....sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so scary. When Ella was about two months old I accidently locked her and Landon and Tori in the car in Vegas in August!! I was freaking out too. I was about to break the car window when I was finally able to wake Jared's siter up (she sleeps with earplugs in)and get the extra key to the car. It was really scary.

    ReplyDelete