Saturday, October 9, 2010

Evelean Ruth Toney

She's here! And we are pleased! Evelean Ruth Toney. 7lbs 11oz. 21 1/2 in. She's a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful baby. We think we'll keep her!



Here's the story:


It may have caught a few people off guard that we did have a c-section. Especially after this post. Through out my pregnancy, I was DEAD SET on having this baby naturally and completely different than my delivery with Joel. And so we waited and waited for my body to cooperate. It didn't. Unfortunately, at 39 weeks, i was not dilated, effaced, or dropped. And that being the case, i was out of any options of augmentations for my labor. So, Jared and I prayed about it and we felt it was the best option for our family to have a c-section.

So! We made the decision to have the section on Monday, I called to set up the surgery on Tuesday, and she was born on Thursday! Crazy, right? It all happened so fast! But the surgery went so much more relaxed than the last and recovery has been a good paced process. We go home (to my moms. at least for a week or so for some help) on Monday and I'm excited for a real bed!



She's such a good baby! Sleeping about 2-4 hours at a time, and is getting MUCH better at nursing! And she is a sweet snuggler! :)

Oh, and Joel? Yeah. He doesn't care about her. At all! haha he tried.

Our attempt at a good family picture. I look pretty drugged.

And THANK YOU AUNT LORI! We love love love the pics!


4 comments:

  1. aww, she's so sweet. those pictures are great. i love the one with jared holding her and her leg is all way up there. priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! She is beautiful! Glad things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful! I am super impressed that you got yourself dressed while in the hospital to take some family pictures, they turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations! I'm really sad I'm not there ... I want to meet her so bad!

    ReplyDelete