Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A year in Review


Since last year, our family has been tested, tried, stretched, bent, but we haven't broken! The beginning last year started with what I can only call a catastrophe that took a lot of time and healing to get through. I'm greatful for the Lord's eye over our family and his understanding of what our little family needed. The summer was a beautiful reminder for my husband and I of how much we love being together, and how important family is. I was able to be I the temple with six of my seven sublings and witnessed my brother make covenants that will bless his family forever! The fall brought a new surprise of our family growing! Unfortunalty, she came with her own bag of difficulties, and again, The Lord watched us and made sure we were cared for. We started homeschooling and joined a village of other families taking te same journey! Now just finishing up the year, I'm feeling better, our family is building stronger connections every day, and we are succeeding! 

Joel is turning six soon! We've been homeschooling and he's really enjoyed reading and science. He still has an imagination that just doesn't stop! He loves movies and games and making prototypes with Lego's. He's mom jr. and likes to be in control and in charge. He succeeded in finishing his testing for yellow belt in Taekwando, and participated in spring and fall soccer. He loves co-op and spending time with friends. 

Evelean turned 4 in October, and is still our fire cracker. She has and probably will always be our story teller. She has a vivid imagination. She loves animals and hopes to be a animal doctor someday. She also loves participating in co-op. Eve enjoys dressing up, and making messes. She loves to paint, draw, and pretty much anything that involves art or sensory play. 

Jared and I just keep moving. :) We've had an interesting year of learning and growth. We've decided we're going to have our best year yet in 2015! Jared continues to work tirelessly for our family in his schooling. ONLY ONE YEAR OF CLASS WORK! We're excited to be done with the book work part of his degree. I'm still doing my trial and error of homeschooling with the kids and I'm excited to grow our family! It's been hard work, but all of it has been for the better. 

Cheers to 2014 and hello to 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment